Join GayCities, the fun way to discover the worldSee where your friends and people like you are going and what they say about places and events worldwide.
Want advice? Add a question
I am thinking about coming to Montreal in the spring, but I do not speak French. Are most people helpful if you are not local & willing to help you out?
1 answers to this question
In most cases, yes. The further east you go in the city less English is spoken. Downtown is no problem.
Newest Montreal Questions
- I will soon be moving to Montreal. I do not speak French. So I'm a bit unsure if this is the right city for me to find a job and such. Would anyone be kind enough to shine a light on this issue for me? Is speaking French a must in order to get a job in Montreal? I will be going on a working holiday visa. So I won't be applying for high end jobs or anything like that. Just your regular employment in hospitality or service. Also if anyone could tell me of any forums where I could find information on working in Montreal on a working holiday visa? Every answer will me much appreciated. Thanks everyone!
- I am cd of closet I'm looking place where I can go to take a pic as a gril
- What bath house do you recommend? I'll be heading there in few months and there are so many it is hard to know which one to pick.
- Hey guys, my bf and I are coming to Montreal for NYE, anyone have some suggestions on NYE parties?
- Visiting Montreal next week. Staying at a Nun's Residence at night, with a curfew of 9pm. Hoping to find a nice, fury guy to hang out with, between my hopital visits to see a friend from home, here in Victoria, B.C. The residence is called Marie de la Ferre on Avenue des Pin Quest. Plase give me directions on where to meet mature, sane men who want sex. Turned on by fur and a big dick...just being honest here....